How to Pick the Right System for Budget, Forecast & Planning
You probably have a lot of expectations when choosing a new system for the operative and financial planning, but sometimes it can be hard to know exactly which features should be requirements and what a modern system should be able to do.
Every business is unique, and a budgeting system should of course be completely customizable for your processes, but to help you navigate we have listed some of the most important features that should be viewed as requirements when choosing a new system for budget, forecast and planning:
- Easy and centralized administration
- Modeling business rules that you can maintain yourself
- Role-based security
- A customizable, clearly defined and automatic workflow
- Support for driver-based budgeting
- Simple input with support for, in example, Drag-and-Drop
- Ability to forecast cash flows in a simple and intuitive way
- Create what-if and scenario-based forecasts
- Ability to integrare the system with your current business intelligence platform or Excel
Of course, it’s highly important that the system quickly and painlessly can be integrated into your organization and that it’s intuitive for the users to work with. Though, as mentioned above – the most important functionality is that the system is fully customizable for your processes and business needs.
You probably have more requirements than those listed above, but hopefully you got some tips that can help you navigate in the jungle of systems, and in the end make the right investment for your company.